Grapefruit Pound Cake – the most delicious way to use grapefruit! Moist grapefruit cake topped with a sweet and tart glaze.
I feel like now that the holidays are behind us, I’m in full on spring mode. Which is ridiculous because I’m sure we still have several
months days of cold ahead of us here in central Texas.
I put up all my winter candles and brought out my hoard of watermelon lemonade – they just smell like summer! I am buying watery strawberries at the grocery store and pretending they don’t taste awful. I’m even getting aggravated when I have to go back into the house for a hoodie.
For whatever reason, citrus-y baked goods just feel like spring to me so, of course, I’ve got a mile long list of cakes, bars, and cookies that I want to make RIGHT NOW.
I’m obsessed with all things grapefruit, all the time. Sometimes I buy those ginormous tubs of precut grapefruit and I kill it within 24 hours. It’s a problem.
I got the idea of grapefruit pound cake stuck in my head weeks ago and finally had to go for
it. Paired with some freshly whipped cream… perfection. It’d be great for potlucks or parties because who doesn’t love pound cake?
More Cake Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated grapefruit rind
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
For the glaze:
- ½ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan with baking spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to remove lumps.
- Place granulated sugar, butter, and cream cheese in the bowl of a standmixer; beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in oil, rind, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the butter mixture. Spoon batter into pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake about 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, place juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 4 minutes). Cool slightly. Whisk in powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g