I don’t think I’ve told you guys about my tahini obsession.
I used to always keep a jar of tahini on hand just in case I got the urge to make hummus – which never happened because… it’s just easier to buy hummus. But I made this Coconut Semolina Cake a little over a year ago and in that recipe the baking pan is actually greased with tahini. You guys, that changed my life. I started using tahini where I would’ve previously used my first love, sunflower butter. Like protein pancakes or in my oatmeal. I have been obsessed ever since.
These brownies are a lot like the classic peanut butter swirl brownies but it’s tahini instead of the peanut butter. And they are amazing! This was one of those recipes that I had to wait until my husband tried a brownie before telling him it was tahini – he loved them!
If you love tahini like me, definitely make these. Or if you have a peanut allergy and aren’t a fan of sunflower butter, these are perfect for you!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ cup tahini, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Combine canola oil, butter, and chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Heat over simmering water until chocolate is almost full melted, stirring with a rubber spatula. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large bowl, add sugar and stir until combined. Add 2 eggs, stirring. Stir in vanilla and salt. Fold in flour in two or three batches. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine tahini, brown sugar, and remaining egg. Drop spoonfuls of tahini mixture onto brownie batter and swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g