July 13, 2010 in chicken
Homemade pizza is one of our favorite meals. It’s easy, inexpensive, and everyone loves pizza! I took a big chance with this one though. I mean pesto? What are the odds that my 3 year old would eat pizza with pesto on it?
Well… we loved it! My kid ate pizza covered in green stuff! I know! Even my husband said, “I like that… stuff you put on the crust” and I definitely expected him to turn his nose up at it. I normally find pesto to be too strong a flavor but it was seriously delicious on this. The melted cheese kind of toned down the strong flavor I think.
I will have a great pizza crust recipe for you eventually. I’m having trouble finding one that my husband and I agree one. He prefers one like I used on this pizza, chewy and thick, and I like the super thin crispy ones. So still searching. Send me any recipes you love!
- 1 pizza crust, either a premade crust or homemade
- ½ – ¾ cup pesto
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven according to package or recipe instruction.
- Roll out crust onto pizza pan that has been dusted with cornmeal or semolina flour. Spread pesto over crust and sprinkle Italian seasoning over it. Place chicken all over crust. Sprinkle cheeses over top. (If you want, you can brush the outside crusts with either oil or butter to get them brown and crispy in the oven.)
- Bake according to package or recipe instruction.