These potatoes are my new favorite thing. I would eat these every single day for the rest of my life if I could. They’re slightly spicy with a crisp outside and pillow-y soft inside. Perfection in the form of a potato, pretty much.
I think this was the first time I’ve roasted the yukon golds and I have to say, they definitely make the best potato wedges. There’s something different about their texture that just makes them almost melt in your mouth once roasted. If your store doesn’t have the yukon golds (my store seems to run out of them quickly), the little red potatoes would be almost as good.
Be prepared to lose control around these wedges. They are addictive!
Baked Seasoned Potato Wedges
adapted from Skinny Taste
- 1 ½ pounds baby yukon gold potatoes (washed)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbs de provence (or use a combo of dried rosemary, thyme, marjoram)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato into quarters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and all herbs and spices. Add potatoes and toss to coat, making sure each potato is covered. Place in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until tender crisp, turning once half way through.