You guys, my stove is fixed!
A guy came out last week, looked at it, and said “Yeah, I’m gonna have to get someone out here to fix this.”
And I was all, “Waaaaait, I waited here all afternoon for you to come out here to tell me that you were going to have someone come fix it?”
Like I’ve said, the Army is all about efficiency.
So, they sent out their resident stove expert yesterday and all 4 burners immediately lit up when he tried it. The universe really likes to make me look stupid.
But luckily, the next time he tried, none of them turned on.
Five minutes later, he had all the burners working and 2 out of 3 of my children had decided to become “stove fixers” when they grow up.
Stove Saga 2014 is officially over and I will not mention it again! Woohoo!
I made Chocolate Chip Banana Bread to celebrate! I’ve been really craving banana bread for some reason and since the only way to improve banana bread is to add chocolate, that’s what I did. It was so moist and so chocolatey. I’m pretty excited to have another piece later today.
You guys know that my baking pet peeve is quick bread that only takes up about ⅓ of the baking pan. Unfortunately, this one is one of those. Ugh. If you’re like me and like a quick bread that takes up the whole pan, try a couple mini loaf pans instead!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripened bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg, bananas, vanilla, and sour cream and beat until combined. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder and beat until everything is just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g