Do you have any holiday traditions?
I’m not a big tradition person. I like to change things up every year but there are a few things that we do every year without fail.
We always do a gingerbread house competition between me and my husband that no doubt ends with one of us shouting “THAT’S NOT FAIR! YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE MY ROOF COLLAPSED!”. We always find a church or neighborhood that does a huge light display and we get hot chocolate from a coffee shop beforehand. And we always make Chex Mix™.
Chex Mix is a must.
Chex Mix is one of my favorite things to make around the holidays. I love sweet and salty, I love all the different textures, it’s just my favorite.
And my kids enjoy it because they get to help. There’s lots to pour, lots of stirring, and even some microwaving which makes it the perfect recipe to make with kids. Plus, they’re always very proud to give away their homemade Chex Mix as gifts to their friends and teachers.
This Cranberry Nut Chex Mix is one of my favorite Chex Mix recipes. It’s just Cinnamon Chex (which is my fave variety of Chex!) mixed with walnuts and dried cranberries and then tossed with an orange juice and brown sugar mixture. And it’s all made in the microwave so it doesn’t get any easier!
It is so delicious – you won’t be able to keep your hand out of the bowl!
Let me know in the comments what your favorite Chex Mix recipe is. I’d love to try some new ones this holiday season!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- In large microwave-safe mixing bowl, stir together cereal and walnuts; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup, stir together brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and oil and microwave on high 1 minute; stir. Microwave another minute, stirring after 30 seconds, until mixture is hot. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until the cereal mixture is coated.
- Microwave the mixture uncovered on high for 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in tightly covered container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.