Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie – your new favorite Thanksgiving pie! Apples and cranberries topped with a crunchy streusel topping!
This is probably my favorite post I do all year.
I love giving away a couple Butterball turkey checks every year before Thanksgiving.I really have no idea why but I look forward to this post all year.
I think the turkey represents Thanksgiving for me and I love feeling like I can be a part of your Thanksgiving meal. It’s pretty cool. So whoever wins, send me pictures of your Thanksgiving meal!
Butterball’s theme for this year is #TBT (Throwback Thursday – but we’re doing it on Tuesday)! So I’m sharing a couple of my fave Thanksgiving #TBT photos!
This one is from 2007. It’s my lovely grandma and my first baby on his first Thanksgiving. We haven’t had Thanksgiving in our hometown in, maybe, 5 years now and every year I stalk Facebook and Instagram waiting for photos of the family.
Plus, how fun is baby’s first Thanksgiving? They eat ALL THE FOOD.
Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie!
I thought I’d share this Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie today, too! I made it twice last week. The first time, it didn’t cut nicely. It didn’t the second time either but it’s so good that I’ll forgive it.
Yes, I’m admitting that my family ate 2 entire cranberry apple pies last week.
Make sure you use the Rafflecopter below to enter to win a Butterball turkey check worth $20! That’ll get you a pretty good sized turkey for your Thanksgiving meal! This is a quick one so I can get the check to you in time so don’t wait! The giveaway ends 11/19 at midnight!
And remember that Butterball has their Turkey Talk-Line experts who can offer 30+ years of experience, tips, recipes, and more! If you have a turkey emergency on Thanksgiving, call 1-800-Butterball and they’ll help you out! Or tweet them @Butterball!
More Apple Recipes
More Cranberry Recipes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 can, 16 ounce whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make the streusel, combine flour, 6 tablespoons llight brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- Roll pie crust on lightly floured surface to an 11-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust at edge under. Press dough together on rim to form a thick crust edge. Form a decorative edge using fingers, fork or other utensil.
- Combine apples, cranberry sauce, remaining ¾ cup light brown sugar and cornstarch. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 749Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 158gFiber: 9gSugar: 127gProtein: 4g