Doughnut Burgers with Candied Bacon – the most amazing burger you’ll ever eat! It’s the ultimate sweet and salty combination!
How is it Monday already?
I’m not ready!
Let’s go back to Friday night!
I’m back from Salt Lake City – got in late last night. I had the best time at the conference and met so many amazing bloggers that I’d only ever talked to on the interwebs. Plus, Nicole and I got matching tattoos.
That’s a normal thing to do on a work trip, right?
Doughnut Burgers with Candied Bacon!
One of my favorite people in all of the blogging world, Kita of Girl Carnivore, puts on an epic Burger Month every year. She recruits a bunch of us burger loving bloggers and literally says to us, “Go crazy!”
And that’s how I ended up making these Doughnut Burgers with Candied Bacon!
If you’re into the sweet and salty combo like me, you really should make these. They will change your life.
The sweet doughnut, the salty bacon coated in brown sugar, the cheese!
You absolutely MUST make them this summer.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Doughnut Burgers with Candied Bacon
For the candied bacon:
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 glazed doughnuts, cut in half like a burger bun
- To make the candied bacon, preheat oven to 350F. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling.
- To make the burgers, divide ground chuck into 4 portions, shape into burger patties, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill to desired doneness, putting cheese on top to melt shortly before removing them.
- Top each split doughnut with a cheesy burger and 2 slices of candied bacon, torn in half.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 902Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 984mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 49g
Oh wow! Definitely a tasty way to start the day!
Thank you!! :)
Ah yes it does. Excitited to have this salty and sweet burger melt in my mouth. Served hot and ready to devour every lastbit
Kim Henrichs says
I love avocado and pepper jack cheese. But man that donut looks GOOD!
Yum!! I wanna try this!
My topping for my epic burger would be grilled pineapple on a turkey burger with bbq sauce:)
That sounds so good!
Ermygawd. (I may have just gotten that excited!!!)