Today we’re getting a jumpstart on Cinco de Mayo! It’s this weekend and I have no plans! Gah!
The Cinco de Mayo theme for this week’s Thirsty Thursday is extra special because guess who was here visiting last Cinco de Mayo! Nicole! We made margaritas, ate our weight in guacamole and salsa, and the baby tried his first tortilla chip.
I obviously had to make a margarita for today but wanted to branch out from the usual. This one uses fresh orange juice and it’s amazing. It’s maybe a little sweet for me but that’s easily fixed (note the large amount of salt on the rim – and I went back for more!) but I know a lot of people really dig sweet drinks. The recipe makes quite a bit but it stores well in the fridge or it’s very simple to halve or even quarter if you need to.
Nicole made Layered Frozen Mango Raspberry Margaritas! You should make those too! Why not.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup clear tequila
- ½ cup Triple Sec
- limes, for garnish
- coarse salt
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes.Let cool slightly.
- In a large pitcher, combine syrup, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and Triple Sec.
- To prepare your glasses, run a lime wedge along the rim of your glasses and then dip in a plate of coarse salt. Spoon ice in each cup and pour margaritas over top. Garnish with extra lime wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 1gSugar: 59gProtein: 1g