Healthy and delicious Granola Cookies! Filled with flax seeds, cranberries, sunflower seeds, oats, and chocolate chunks. No guilt required with these cookies!
I’m currently doing that annoying thing I do at least once a year. You know, where I decide I’m over buying boxes of cereal, crackers, cookies – fun packaged food that my kids go through like crazy, in other words.
So I’ve decided that I am just going to make everything.
Why do I do this to myself? WHY?!
I swear it was only a few months ago that I did this same thing and by the end of the week I was at Target buying a cart full of goldfish, pizza rolls, and Cap’n Crunch.
But we’ll go with it for now.
I have also decided that the kids aren’t buying lunch anymore after the school allowed one of my kids to spend NINE DOLLARS on lunch one day.
On a school lunch.
So they’ve been taking super boring (super healthy) lunches because I’m not buying granola bars and their other lunchbox faves and – surprise! – I don’t have time to make homemade crackers and fruit snacks.
Because who really does?!
I finally got my life together enough this weekend to make these yummy Granola Cookies for them!
The school is weird – like, you-can’t-send-a-chocolate-granola-bar-for-snack-but-sure, bring-a-couple-dozen-chocolate-cupcakes-for-your-kid’s-birthday weird. But I think these cookies are healthy enough that I won’t get into too much trouble
They’ve got oats, ground flaxseeds, cranberries, sunflower seeds, chocolate – everything you love about granola but portable! They’re so soft and delicious! And the salty sunflower seeds were perfect with all the sweet components!
More Cookie Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat coconut oil and brown sugar in a bowl on medium speed until well combined, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; beat until just combined. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 13 - 14 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g