I can’t believe Christmas is a week away! The holidays definitely snuck up on me. I had my tree up a month ago but I’ve managed to accomplish nothing else that I had planned. I’m so unprepared that I had to run to Walmart last night for tape. And in case you weren’t aware, Walmart is not a place you want to be this close to Christmas.
Anyway, way back in the summer I made a list of 15 cookies and candies I wanted to make this month but this is the first one I’ve actually had time for! I’m such a sucker for those little toffee bits so I’m happy I was able to get this one made and posted before Christmas. The boys in my house love oatmeal cookies so of course they were a hit with all of them! If you’re looking for a no-fuss cookie to add to your holiday baking list, this is a great one!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt to remove any clumps. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add in the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the toffee bits.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 minutes. Let cool on sheet for a minute or 2 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g