You know the only thing better than peppermint white hot chocolate? Pink peppermint white hot chocolate!
This time of year my Starbucks drink of choice is the peppermint white mocha which is pretty much the best thing ever but when I’m not feeling coffee, I go for the peppermint white hot chocolate but their version has nothing on this pretty pink one!
Before Nicole and I started this Thirsty Thursday thing I had no idea hot chocolate was so easy to make from scratch but seriously, if you haven’t done it, you need to. I’m always so disappointed in the white hot chocolate mixes but this homemade version makes up for it.
Nicole made Peppermint Hot Chocolate Truffle Balls which would go perfectly with this hot chocolate!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Set aside about 1 tablespoon of crushed candy cane.
- Heat milk over medium heat until warm (do not boil). Stir in candy cane until dissolved. Removed from heat; stir in white chocolate and continue stirring until it's completely dissolved.
- Coat the rim of your mug with the corn syrup and dip in the crushed candy canes you set aside.
- Pour hot chocolate into your glass. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 0gSugar: 39gProtein: 20g