Paleo Shrimp and Grits is a healthy and low carb way to enjoy shrimp and grits! Lemony shrimp on top of creamy cauliflower grits. The best heathy comfort food!
Happy Sunday! I hope your weekend has been fabulous.
The kids and the husband all have a 4-day and it’s been a relaxing and productive weekend.
I’ve been without a lightbulb in the kitchen since at least October (my anxiety strikes at weird times) and husband finally had time to run to Home Depot and get it fixed.
So hooray, I can Instagram my nightime baking now!
And today I have an exciting post! I’m giving away a copy of my new favorite cookbook (that I pre-ordered months ago and paid for both copies myself) from one of my favorite Paleo bloggers.
The Performance Paleo Cookbook by Stephanie Gaudreau!
I know, I know… more Paleo. I’m sorry. But guys, this cookbook is good for anyone who eats meat and veggies.
Which should be a good portion of you guys.
I’m obsessed with this cookbook. I knew it would be good but I had no idea it would be this good. Especially since I’m usually pretty “meh” over Paleo cookbooks. I mean, literally, they’re just meat and veggies.
Anyway, the first part of the book is all about when and how you should eat when you want to improve your workouts. It has sample meal plans and all the info you need. And then the remaining 200 pages are all recipes. All amazing recipes.
Those Almond Butter and Jelly Bites? From this book. I made the Blueberry Pork Patties for breakfast the other day and they were killer. I’m making the Coconut Water Electrolyte Drink ASAP. And this Paleo Shrimp and Grits came from the book, too!
Paleo Shrimp and Grits!
Yeah, not Paleo at all.
But these are made from cauliflower. Admittedly, you have to really like cauliflower to be into this sort of thing.
My husband? Not into cauliflower. But I love it and would happily eat these grits for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The shrimp was delicious and it was all really easy to make which is always important to me.
So enter below for your chance to win a copy of The Performance Paleo Cookbook!
More Paleo Recipes
- Paleo Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry
- Paleo Chicken Piccata
- Paleo Korean Beef
- Homemade Paleo Bacon
- Paleo Sloppy Joes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the grits:
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, or coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- parsley, for garnish
- Use a food processor fitted with a shredding or grating blade. Pulse the cauliflower until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir for about 4 minutes, until the onion has softened. Add the cauliflower, chicken broth, coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cauliflower is very soft and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with the lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to make sure it's well coated Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the 2 teaspoons of butter. Place the shrimp in the skillet in a single layer and cook for 1 minute on each side or until they're no longer pink and are a light golden brown.
- Serve the shrimp on top of the cauliflower grits. Drizzle fresh lemon juice on top and garnish with parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 1670mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g