Whenever I make a simple pasta dish like this, I go back and forth on whether to post it. It just seems so not exciting compared to cupcakes and cookies and bread. But then I remember that through all of last year, my most visited page was a recipe for a very simple, slow cooker pasta dish so I guess that means that you guys are on the hunt for quick, easy meals.
This one is really easy. To make it easier, I used a jarred pasta sauce but feel free to use a few cups of your favorite homemade sauce. The meal came together quickly and by the time the spaghetti was done boiling, the meat sauce was done and ready to be stirred in.
My boys all loved it. The 3 of them had it for lunch and then dinner with no complaints. It was a fun twist on spaghetti that I’m sure we’ll be having over and over again.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 26 ounce jar Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small package pepperoni (about 25 slices)
- 8 ounce package Italian blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; crumble sausage and continue to cook until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pasta sauce and tomato paste; stir to combine. Add spaghetti. Slice half of pepperoni in half and add to pasta mixture. Stir in half of the cheese. Pour pasta into a large baking dish. Top with the rest of the cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly before serving.
What a great way to dress up bottled pasta sauce. My husband loves it when I put pepperoni in his pasta sauce. I like the addition of Italian sausage as well. Looks great!
I guess I know what I’m making for dinner tomorrow night. This looks delicious!!
Thanks Amanda!!! This looks so yummy!
Looks delicious! I’d love for you to stop by What’s Cooking Wednesday to share one of your recipes (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/search/label/What%27s%20Cooking%20Wednesday)!! Hope to see you there :)
That sounds like the perfect dish when you can’t decide whether you want spaghetti or pizza for dinner. The Italian sausage and pepperoni must add such a nice spicy kick.
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..Peach Jam =-.
Yum Yucky says
Aha! This looks and sounds waaay better than the spaghetti my husband cooks for us. But please, please don’t tell him. (oh, how I dread spaghetti night).
Pizza, pasta… what’s not to like??
I love good simple meals, I wish people would post more of those!
Love pizza, love spaghetti – putting them together sounds right up my alley. And I love that it’s quick. Thanks, Amanda!
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..BBA Challenge Bread 37â€”Swedish Rye Limpa =-.
Oh wow – I bet mine would love it too! Think I’ll make some this weekend – how yummy!
.-= Pam´s last blog ..Acorn Squash and Feta Casserole =-.