Happy Tuesday, guys!
I’m bringing you my new favorite pasta salad recipe the day after I decided to go completely Paleo for a week! Gahhhhh!
My husband grilled both nights over the weekend and left me in charge of side dishes. (He made this chicken with thighs instead of breasts and it was delicious and then he did the boys’ favorite smoked sausage with barbecue sauce.)
I always go for the same couple side dishes with grilled foods. I always go for the same broccoli salad because we never get tired of it and then always pasta salad.
I tried this Southwestern Pasta Salad recipe because it seemed lighter than most pasta salad recipes. No heavy sauce, you know? This recipe uses salsa and then a light olive oil and lime juice dressing – it’s delicious! I’m obsessed with all things bean right now (conveniently not Paleo) and I was all about the combination of black beans, corn, and avocado.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound small pasta
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10- ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, thawed corn, tomatoes, cheese, and salsa. Add the cooled pasta and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and salt and pepper until combined. Pour over the pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Right before serving, add cilantro, and avocado and gently toss.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 618mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g