Good morning guys!
I feel we could all use some chocolate today.
Buuuuut, it’s chocolate you can feel good about! There’s no butter, no oil, none of that!
The secret ingredient is svocados! Isn’t that crazy?
How much do you love avocados?
I definitely do! I would place them in my top 5 list of favorite foods ever. My family goes through several a week, all year long. We eat them with eggs for breakfast, on sandwiches or salads, mixed into tuna, chicken, or egg salad, and even blended into fruit smoothies.
Did you know that avocados are available all year long? That’s one of my favorite things about them. I make this avocado feta salsa probably once a month and there are months when I know the tomatoes just aren’t going to be that great but I know that the awesome avocados available all year will more than make up for it.
I’m obsessed with these Avocado Brownies. Like I mentioned, there is absolutely no butter or oil in this recipe! Instead, you get naturally healthy fats from the avocados. The brownies turn out fudgy and delicious and you won’t feel guilty about enjoying them! Plus, no one will ever guess that you used avocados!
The recipe is really simple and will take you less than an hour from start to finish. You’ll be enjoying a yummy brownie in no time!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove, and stir. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals, stirring after, until completely smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the avocados and sugar until creamy. Beat in cooled chocolate. Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, and salt until no lumps remain. Slowly add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and beat until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.