Happy almost Friday!
Are you obsessed with butternut squash right now? I am and it’s weird because butternut squash has never been my thing. I love spaghetti squash, I love acorn squash, but I’ve always been pretty “meh” on butternut.
Mostly because it’s really annoying to peel and cut. Like, the worst.
But you know I’ve been obsessed with Panera’s autumn squash soup for the last month or so and I finally got tired of making the 5 minutes drive and 30 minute drive-thru wait for a cup of soup.
This Butternut Squash and Apple Soup is so worth peeling and cutting a butternut squash. I’ve always avoided squash soup recipes that included apple because I assumed they’d be too sweet but the apple adds the perfect amount of sweetness in this recipe. Not too sweet at all.
If you’ve been searching for a good Thanksgiving soup, you should definitely give this one a try! I think this is one pretty much everyone will enjoy!
More Soup Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 ⅓ cups cubed peeled Braeburn apple
- 1 ¼ pounds cubed peeled butternut squash
- ¼ teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- pumpkin seeds, for serving
- Melt butter in large pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, until it begins to soften. Add garlic and apple; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in squash, sage, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Add broth, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 minutes or until squash and vegetables are tender.
- Place half of squash mixture in blender with ¼ cup evaporated milk. Blend until smooth. Pour into bowl. Repeat with remaining squash and evaporated milk.
- Top with pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 9gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g