Texas Toast Pizza – quick and easy way to to do pizza night! Garlic Texas toast with pizza sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings you love! Ready in less than 10 minutes and a kid favorite!
My life is still a crazy busy mess. So crazy that BF was actually in charge of this recipe. He made these Texas Toast Pizzas for the boys months and months ago and I noticed them when I was scrolling through the pictures on my phone while avoiding doing something important and time sensitive early last week.
ANYWAY. I casually mentioned to him that I was thinking about making them for this post and the next day all the ingredients were magically in the kitchen and he was ready to make them for me.
If I haven’t mentioned it yet, I don’t deserve him.
Also, yesterday he was outside washing his truck and came inside and said, “There’s a big long-haired German shepherd out here if you want to meet it” and yes, of course I want to pet the giant dog while you make small talk with the neighbors. This is exactly how I need this relationship to work.
My favorite coffee shop, Amor Ciego, used to be a 30 minute drive for me and I would find excuses to come out this way just so I could stop in but now it’s right down the street from me and that makes me happier than I can express. There’s nothing I love more than a $4 instagrammable almond milk latte with a surprise cookie on the side.
And have I mentioned how much I love that I don’t have to go through a gate to get to my house?! I’ve had to go through a guarded gate to get to my house since 2011. I have been searched at least once a week since then. And, by the way, I never have windows on my Jeep so if I’m smuggling anything on post, you’ll see it. But that’s beside the point.
I wouldn’t even leave my house in sweatpants for fear of getting searched and looking like a disaster.
Now? Sweatpants, no makeup, in the Taco Bell drive thru at 7 am and not worrying about being judged by some guy at the gate for it. *insert sassy emoji girl*
(Six year old’s Valentine’s Day box.)
- Frozen garlic Texas toasts
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of choice – we used mini pepperoni and Italian sausage
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 8 Texas toasts on it.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for 3 minutes.
- Add toppings. Remove from oven and top each one with about 1 tablespoon of sauce, ¼ cup cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the topping.
- Bake. Bake for another 4 – 5 minutes, until sauce is melted and crust is golden and crispy.
More Easy Pizza Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 frozen garlic Texas toasts
- ½ cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup toppings of choice, we used mini pepperoni and cooked hot breakfast sausage
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 8 Texas toasts on it. Bake in preheated oven for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and top each one with about 1 tablespoon of sauce, ¼ cup cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the topping. Bake for another 4 - 5 minutes, until sauce is melted and crust is golden and crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g