Looking for a last minute football snack? I’ve got you covered!
This is kind of an updated version of the classic 7 Layer Dip, using guacamole and pico de gallo with lots of fresh cilantro on top. It’s so addictive! My husband, who doesn’t usually like when I update things that he already loves, is officially obsessed with this and even had the leftovers for breakfast!
I used premade guacamole and pico de gallo but feel free to make your own â€“ that would make it even tastier! And yes, use pico de gallo instead of jarred salsa! The freshness of the pico is what makes the dip so delicious!
This recipe makes a ton of food so halve the recipe if you’re just serving a few people! It filled that deep-dish pie plate in the picture and an 8-inch round pan.
7 Layer Dip
- 1 28 ounce can refried beans
- 2 cups guacamole
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 2 bunches)
- 1 16 ounce can olives (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cup. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Layer the refried beans, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Whisk together the taco seasoning and sour cream and spread it over the pico de gallo. Add the chopped olives and cilantro. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve with tortilla chips.