To go with the red velvet cupcakes, I made this cheeseball and my Honey Mustard Chicken Wings. Let me tell you what I did to my wings. I like to cook the sauce for a long time so it gets super sticky and delicious. Well, long story short, baby was hungry and my sauce burnt. So bad that I think I’m going to have to throw the pan away!
Anyway, this cheeseball won’t win any awards in the looks department but it’s my favorite. My mom has been making it for years and I’d forgotten it until a friend sent me a message the other day reminding me of the time we ate nothing but this cheeseball for a week.
It’s super simple and always a crowd pleaser. Just 2 kinds of cheeses, bacon, pecans, and green onions squished together with strawberry jelly on top. I know, sounds weird but I promise it’s awesome. There were 4 adults here last night and we demolished the entire thing.
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey jack
- 1 pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup pecans (diced)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- strawberry jam
- Mix all ingredients except strawberry jam. Form into ball (or whatever shape you like). Spread strawberry jam over top.