Garlic Parmesan Cheese Ball is going to be your new favorite appetizer for parties! Full of Parmesan cheese and garlic and rolled in chopped walnuts. Serve it with crackers or sliced veggies!
Cheese balls are one of my favorite things to serve at parties. If you love them too, try Classic Cheese Ball, Pineapple Cheese Ball, and Bacon Cheese Ball!
Garlic parmesan is one of my favorite flavor combinations. If we’re getting wings, I’m ordering garlic parmesan. I love any sort of garlic bread with parmesan. I always roast my veggies with garlic and parmesan.
Put garlic and parmesan on anything and I love it. It’s just one of the best combinations.
This cheese ball has lots of Parmesan, lots of garlic flavors, and it’s rolled in walnuts for a really delicious crunch.
It’s perfect for all your holiday parties, a football party, or just a day you feel like eating a ball of cheese!
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese – the stuff in the green bottle is perfect for this!
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Walnuts – you can substitute pecans if you prefer
- Crackers and sliced veggies
- Beat cream cheese. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add seasonings. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; beat until combined.
- Shape and chill. Shape into a rough ball in the mixing bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Roll in nuts. Once chilled, remove from mixing bowl and shape into a ball. Roll the ball in chopped walnuts until covered.
- Serve. Chill until ready to serve.
What To Serve with a Cheese Ball
I almost always serve Ritz crackers with cheese balls because I love them but you can use Wheat Thins, Triscuits, whatever cracker you like!
If you want something lighter, try baby carrots, sliced celery, sliced radishes, or jicama! Any veggie that you already enjoy raw would be delicious.
Hw Long Is It Good For?
This Garlic Parmesan Cheese Ball will be good for about a week. Make sure to store it in the fridge in an airtight container – these glass airtight containers are my favorite for leftovers.
Keep in mind that the nuts may lose their crunch after a couple days in the fridge so don’t serve this to guests on day 5!
Can You Freeze It?
You can freeze this cheese ball before you roll it in the walnuts. Wrap the cheese ball tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer ziploc bag.
It should be fine in the freezer for up to 1 month.
When you are ready to serve it, let it defrost overnight in the fridge and then roll it in walnuts before serving.
More Party Snacks Recipes
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Chicken Burrito Dip
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Caesar Deviled Eggs
- Pepperoni Crescent Rolls
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Garlic Parmesan Cheese Ball
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- crackers and sliced veggies, for serving
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; beat until combined.
- Shape into a rough ball in the mixing bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Once chilled, remove from mixing bowl and shape into a ball. Roll the ball in chopped walnuts until covered.
- Chill until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Allyson Zea says
This looks soooo perfect for a party snack! Bringing this to our next girls night!
Fantastic flavor. It was devoured at my party.
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
I know for sure this Garlic Parmesan Cheese Ball would be a huge hit in my house!
Oh, I am so making this! I make cheeseballs for almost any event that I go to, and I love the kick of parmesan in this one.