My kids are obsessed with granola bars. It’s bad. Like, so bad that I have to hide them or they will all be eaten before I know it.
And I don’t blame them. I’m sure I’ve told you guys before that I have granola bar problems. I cannot just have one granola bar. If I have one, I’m eating the whole box. Right then.
I’ve tried to make my own granola bars in the past and had okay results. I just want something simple that doesn’t require a special trip to the grocery store.
This one is perfect! It’s no-bake so I threw them together in less than 10 minutes. I have all the ingredients on hand at all times.
My kids love them and I don’t have to worry about hiding them since I can just make another batch if we run out!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats, or pulse whole oats in a food processor a bit
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, crisp rice cereal, and coconut.
- In a small saucepan, melt together coconut oil, peanut butter, and honey. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, allow to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the oats mixture and use a rubber spatula to stir everything together - make sure everything is coated. Let cool for a few minutes and then stir in chocolate chips (if you don't allow to cool, all your chocolate chips will melt).
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and press additional mini chocolate chips on top. Let set in fridge for about 20 minutes before slicing into bars. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil for storage.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g