Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins – protein-rich breakfast idea! Eggs, chicken, hot sauce, and green onions are baked until set. Perfect for meal prepping!
I’m not sure how common this is but I find that it is so much easier to stick to healthy eating when my husband is gone. Without someone saying “We should just get pizza/burritos/cashew chicken,” it’s really easy for me to just stick with the good stuff. Plus, I’ve told you guys before that when he’s gone, I’m very willing to sacrifice some of my food budget for clothes or makeup.
It is what it is.
So since he’s deployed, I’ve been sticking to pretty much paleo. I mean, besides the McDonald’s chicken nuggets I had for dinner last night. And the hot & spicy chicken sandwich I had for my pre-sleeping snack. But besides that, I’ve been doing the paleo thing.
I really love paleo. I find that I feel best when I’m doing it. But – and this is a big but – it is so hard to come off paleo. I want to EAT ALL THE THINGS and DRINK ALL THE WINE and GO TO ALL THE RESTAURANTS. It’s bad. So I’m trying to do mostly paleo with some normal (McDonald’s) mixed in.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins!
I make these Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins about once a week. I just keep them in the fridge and reheat when I need quick and easy protein.
You get the flavor of the buffalo sauce without much heat since there is such a small amount of the hot sauce. If you are into the spicy stuff, just sprinkle some over your muffins before you enjoy them.
More Paleo Breakfast Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers (preferably parchment muffin papers).
- Arrange chicken breasts on a baking sheet and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, shred and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together coconut oil (melted if necessary) and hot sauce. Pour half of this mixture over the shredded chicken and stir.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs, remaining hot sauce mixture, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill muffin cups about 12 full with the egg mixture. Top each muffin with about ¼ cup of shredded chicken.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the tops are golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
- Store in the fridge and reheat when hunger strikes!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 18g