I made a beef and barley soup last winter and we really enjoyed it but then for some reason I never thought about it again. I stumbled upon a recipe recently and decided I would make another one as soon as it got cold.
This time I filled it with veggies and it was absolutely delicious. It’s not often that I look forward to leftovers but I had this stew for lunch for 3 days!
- Beef chuck steak
- Baby Carrots
- Low-sodium beef broth
- Tomato sauce
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Green Beans
- Place chuck steak, onion, carrots, and potatoes in slow cooker
- Add water, broth, tomato sauce, and seasonings
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- Add green beans, corn, and barley
- Cover and cook on low for 2 more hours or until barley and veggies are tender
What To Serve with Beef and Barley Soup
A simple salad on the side would also be nice.
More Soup Recipes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Shrimp Curry Noodle Soup
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ pounds chuck steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ¾ cup medium pearl barley
- Place chuck steak, onion, carrots, and potatoes in 5 quart slow cooker. Add water, broth, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add beans, corn, and barley. Cover and cook on low for 2 more hours or until barley and veggies are tender.