This copycat recipe of the Panera Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is so easy, so delicious, and you don’t have to leave your house to pick it up!
Meet my current favorite soup.
I’ve made it twice in the last few weeks.
I don’t even like soup. But I could eat this every day for a month and not be sick of it.
It’s supposed to be like the Panera Chicken and Wild Rice Soup but I can’t tell you for certain. I’ve never tried that one because I am too busy ordering the broccoli cheese soup. In a bread bowl. With an extra baguette.
Because I really want to gain 20 pounds before bikini season.
How to Make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This is THE EASIEST soup you will ever make. And I make it even easier by grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and just shredding it.
You start by cooking some diced red onion and diced carrots in your soup pot. It gets seasoned with marjoram and then you add a boxed wild rice mix (with the seasoning packet!). Like, I said, this is SO easy.
It cooks for 15 minutes and then you stir in milk and heavy cream along with your shredded chicken. And then it all cooks together for another 30 minutes.
So good. So easy. I’ll probably make it again next week. And the week after that. And probably every time it gets cold because it is the ultimate comfort food. Especially with some fresh bread on the side.
Definitely double it if you are feeding more than a few people or want some leftovers. I’m even going to consider tripling it if I can find a pot big enough. It reheats really well so it would be perfect for making a big batch on the weekend and taking it for lunch all week long.
More Soup Recipes
Autumn Squash Soup – another Panera Bread copycat recipe! This one is full of butternut squash and pumpkin so it tastes like fall in a bowl. A great soup recipe for vegetarians!
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup – a great weeknight dinner idea! Canned tomato soup gets turned into a creamy, delicious tomato soup with cheese tortellini! Ultimate comfort food and a kid favorite in my house. It is also a great meatless option.
Sausage, Lentil, and Kale Soup – a healthy and hearty soup full of flavors and textures! Top it with a bit of cheese for serious comfort food.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package Near East Long Grain & Wild Rice with Flavor Packet
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook until softened. Add dried marjoram, flour, and seasoning packet from the rice; stir to combine.
- Add rice, chicken broth, and water; bring to a boil. Cover, lower to a simmer, and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat heavy cream and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir into the soup. Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Cook about 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 283mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g