I bought a couple of those super adorable mini loaf pans back before the holidays because I had grand plans of fruitcakes and gingerbread loaves and who knows what else, but for some reason I never used them. I pulled them out yesterday and was determined to use them by the end of the day.
I went with a blueberry-orange bread because well, we only had blueberries and oranges. Made my decision pretty easy.
So how good was the bread? I pulled it out of the oven at noon, my husband came home at 12:30, the bread was gone by 12:40. Seriously. Two loaves of bread. Gone.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9Ã—5 inch loaf pan (or 2 mini ones).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, orange juice, melted butter, and orange zest. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared loaf pan making sure the top is even. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes (50 to 55 for the mini ones) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a wire rack.