Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs are like the classic grape jelly meatballs but made with cranberry sauce for the perfect holiday appetizer! Made in the crockpot, only 3 ingredients!
Originally published December 21, 2011, updated on December 18, 2019.
Hi guys, today I am updating an old post (from 2011! How have I been on the internet that long?!) for Cranberry Meatballs that had terrible pictures because I thought about this recipe the other day and remembered how much I love it.
You know that grape jelly meatballs that you see at every party and potluck? The ones that you can’t explain why you love them but you can’t stop eating them? These cranberry meatballs are pretty much those meatballs but made with jellied cranberry sauce instead of the grape jelly. They aren’t quite as sweet as the grape jelly ones so if you find those a little too sweet, these will be perfect for you.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs are the perfect holiday appetier and so easy. Only 3 ingredients and cooked in the slow cooker!
Ingredients for Cranberry Meatballs
- Frozen meatballs – you can make your own if you want! Or buy the beef or turkey frozen meatballs.
- Jellied cranberry sauce
- Heinz chili sauce – this is located with the condiments and marinades in the grocery store. If you can’t find it, you can order it online.
- Add ingredients to slow cooker. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook. Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours until the meatballs are hot and the sauce has thickened slightly.
What Size Slow Cooker Should I Use?
I used my 6 quart Programmable Crockpot and I think it’s the perfect size. It fits all the meatballs with room to give them a good stir every once in awhile.
It’s also nice to use a slow cooker that has a warm setting so you can serve the meatballs right from the slow cooker.
How Long Are Cranberry Meatballs Good For?
These cranberry meatballs should be fine to consume up to 4 days after you cook them. Make sure to store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
You can reheat them in the microwave or even put them back into a slow cooker.
More Meatball Recipes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy BBQ Meatballs
- Honey Chipotle Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Jelly Meatballs
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 2 pound bag frozen meatballs (can use turkey or beef)
- 1 15-ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 12-ounce bottle Heinz chili sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours until the meatballs are hot and the sauce has thickened slightly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g