So I gave you my slider bun recipe yesterday and now I have the first of the two sliders I made this week!
This one is a buffalo chicken burger and it’s fantastic. I went through a buffalo chicken phase a few years ago and literally made so much with buffalo sauce that I couldn’t stomach it until now. I got a random craving for the sauce and these definitely hit the spot.
I used ground turkey in these (because ground chicken was $5 a pound at my grocery store! Eep!) and they still tasted like buffalo chicken. The blue cheese, hot sauce, and green onions are mixed right into the meat so they’re super flavorful! Definitely have some extra hot sauce on hand if you’re like me and can’t get enough!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 green onions (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- slider buns
- preferred slider toppings
- Combine all the ingredients except the buns in a large bowl. Form 10-12 large meatballs and transfer them to a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up a grill or large skillet with oil. Place a few meatballs on the grill/skillet and flatten down to ¾ inch thick. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Place on bun bottoms, top with preferred toppings and top with other bun half.