Cantaloupe Agua Fresca – fresh cantaloupe water made with just cantaloupe, water, lime juice, and a dash of sugar. The perfect refreshing summer drink!
We get a produce box every week from a local farm (Farmbox if you’re in DFW) and the last 2 boxes have both had cantaloupes. Like, ginormous cantaloupes that are so ripe you can smell them just walking past the kitchen. They’re incredible but we can’t eat that much cantaloupe.
I had multiple containers full of cubed cantaloupe at one point and had no idea what to do with it. And since it’s a million degrees in Texas right now, a refreshing drink sounded like the perfect thing to make.
This Cantaloupe Agua Fresca is so light and fresh and refreshing. Plus, it’s really simple, only 4 ingredients, and just requires you to blend everything together!
What is Agua Fresca?
Agua Fresca translates to “fresh water” so this is just fresh cantaloupe water.
Because the fresh cantaloupe is mixed with water, it’s not as thick or heavy as pure cantaloupe juice would be which makes it super refreshing and hydrating.
- Fresh cubed cantaloupe
- Lime juice
- Blend cubed cantaloupe, half of the water, lime juice, and sugar in a blender until smooth
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer
- Add remaining water and stir to combine
- Chill until ready to serve
More Summer Drink Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 cups cubed canteloupe
- 3 cups water
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Add cantaloupe, half the water, lime juice, and sugar to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer to remove any remaining solids.
- Add remaining 1 ½ cups water and stir to combine.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g