I was never really a pizza person until we moved to Colorado. We spent a month in a hotel and then another week in our house without our belongings so we ate a lot of pizza and I came to love breadsticks (and stuffed crust pizza but we’re talking breadsticks right now). I suggest ordering pizza these days just so I can get breadsticks.
I saw this recipe and needed to make it ASAP. Ridiculously good. They taste just like the kind of breadsticks you would get at a pizza place and they’re so simple! And cheaper than ordering out because I’m almost positive you have all the ingredients already in your kitchen.
adapted from Lauren’s Latest
- 1 unbaked pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- Â¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Stretch pizza dough to fit 12-inch pizza pan or a regular sheet pan. (Use cornmeal to work with dough if itâ€™s sticky.)
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Add garlic and cook just for a few seconds, until fragrant.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the butter over the dough. Sprinkle the cheeses over top.
- Bake for 10 â€“ 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Let cool slightly before cutting.