Olive Cheese Bread – French bread topped with a creamy, cheesy olive mixture and baked until the cheese melts and starts to brown. The perfect side dish for pasta night!
I’m not sure if you guys have noticed but I haven’t really been in a sugary mood lately. (Which is a complete lie because I killed a box of Confetti Cake Pop Tarts in less than 24 hours this weekend. But I just don’t feel like making anything sugary.) So I’m going to apologize in advance if this week is a little more savory than you’re used to. Let’s blame all the Christmas cookies.
This is one of my all-time favorite breads but I very rarely make it because I’m the only one is the house that likes it. I found myself with an extra can of black olives recently and knew what they were destined for.
I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this bread is. It’s cheesy and crunchy and salty. It’s pure heaven. Monterey Jack is one of my least favorite cheeses but it works here with the olives. I’ve also used mozzarella in this and it’s just as good.
My kids won’t eat olives so I normally halve this recipe and then use the other half of the bread for cheesy garlic bread. Perfect for spaghetti nights!
Ingredients for Olive Cheese Bread
- French bread
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Ripe black olives
- Green onions
- Mix together butter, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, black olives and green onions until well combined
- Spread onto French bread that has been halved lengthwise
- Bake at 325F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and started to brown
More Easy Bread Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 loaf french bread
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 6-ounce cans ripe black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise. Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 534mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g