Happy Memorial Day to all!
Fun plans? Please tell me all about the delicious grilled food you will be eating today! I am still terrified of our grill and since all our friends are either in Afghanistan or have moved, we’re probably just going to stay home and eat ice cream sandwiches.
Speaking of, if you have a Safeway near you, run – yes, RUN – and get a box of their birthday cake ice cream sandwiches. They have a layer of icing in them and omg, best thing ever.
But today we’re here to talk about cookies!
I’ve been kind of obsessed with cake mix cookies ever since I made those Watermelon Cake Mix Sandwich Cookies. They’re really great for people like me who decide that they want to have cookies ready for their kid when they get home from their last day of school. With only 20 minutes to spare.
And they’re delicious. Because duh, cake mix.
- 18.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together cake mix, eggs, canola oil, and flour until everything is incorporated. Stir in ¾ of the M&Ms with a rubber spatula.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Press remaining M&Ms onto the tops of the dough.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g