The BEST fruit salad recipe! Old-fashioned Marshmallow Fruit Salad has pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, and marshmallows all tossed in a creamy sour cream dressing. Only 5 ingredients!
I know it looks like I showed up with a bowl of marshmallows today, but I swear there’s fruit in there too.
My oldest started talking about fruit salad as soon as our weather warmed up.
My kids eat fruit all day long but for some reason, he wants it cut up and tossed together. In an effort to become the favorite parent while my husband is deployed, I threw in some marshmallows.
This is the easiest fruit salad you will ever make! It usually mostly canned fruit so there’s not a whole lot of prep work involved.
Marshmallow Fruit Salad Ingredients
- Pineapple tidbits
- Mandarin oranges
- Fresh strawberries
- Mini marshmallows
- Sour cream
Keep scrolling for ingredient amounts!
- Combine ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries, mini marshmallows, and sour cream together until all the fruit is covered.
- Chill. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
How Long Is It Good For?
Marshmallow Fruit Salad will be fine in the fridge for about 3 days. After that it will become very liquidy and not so tasty.
Make sure to store it in an airtight container (these glass containers are my favorite for all leftovers!) to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
Can You Make Marshmallow Fruit Salad Ahead?
Yes! You need to make it at least an hour before you serve it.
It should be fine to make the night before and just let it chill until you are ready to serve. But keep it mind that the fruit will release more liquid the longer it sits so I still think it’s best served the day it’s made.
Can You Freeze Fruit Salad?
I don’t recommend freezing this fruit salad. Sour cream doesn’t freeze well and I think all the fruit would become a mushy mess once defrosted.
More Fruit Salad Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- Gentle fold all ingredients together until all the fruit and marshmallows are covered with sour cream. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 3g