Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies – soft peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks! The pudding mix keeps them super soft.
This post originally posted March 5, 2014; updated March 13, 2021.
I’ve been kind of obsessed with pudding cookies since I made the chocolate chip pudding cookies about a year ago.
If you’ve never put pudding in cookies, I really suggest you try it. Especially if you love a soft cookie! The pudding takes a regular cookie and gives it a little something special.
These cookies are basic peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks and then have a packet of vanilla pudding in it. Peanut butter cookies are probably at the top of my Favorite Cookies list so I’m sure you can imagine how much I loved these.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture
- Add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated
- Fold in chocolate chunks
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each ball of dough
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until cookies start to turn golden
- Cool completely on a wire rack
How Long Are Pudding Cookies Good For?
Pudding cookies are good for up to 4 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
I store all my cookies in this big glass jar because it’s airtight AND looks super cute on the counter filled with cookies!
Can You Freeze Pudding Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze pudding these. They’re fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I like to freeze cookies in a freezer ziploc bag and I make sure to squeeze out as much as as possible before sealing it. To keep them extra fresh, you can wrap them in foil or plastic wrap before putting them in the freezer bag.
Defrost cookies at room temperature before serving.
More Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Krispies Cookies
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla pudding mix.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add in flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving about 2 inches between each ball of dough.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until cookies just start to turn golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g