Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – all the flavors your love in enchiladas in a low carb version! Ground turkey, bleack beans, enchilada sauce, and 2 cheeses stuffed into a spaghetti squash!
Hey guys, happy almost Friday! I hope your week has been fab!
My kids have a half day at school today. Isn’t it weird to have a half day on a Thursday? I will never understand it.
Like, the beauty of a half day is that it’s supposed to kick off the weekend. Right? But nope, they have to get up on Friday and go to school.
Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash!
Anyway, good news: I’m back into squash. I feel like I forgot about it during the holidays but I’m officially back to buying my weight in every variety of squash my grocery store has.
And I’m currently obsessed with spaghetti squash.
For this recipe I wanted to stuff a spaghetti squash with all my favorite things about enchiladas because ugh, all I think about are enchiladas and I need to not be eating enchiladas every night.
I took ground turkey and cooked it up with some onions and garlic and then tossed it with some red enchilada sauce and black beans. I spooned that mixture into a couple cooked spaghetti squash halves and then topped it with a tiny bit of cheddar and monterey jack cheeses.
So good. Especially with a ton of cilantro and salsa on top.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Enchilada-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - all the flavors of enchiladas in a spaghetti squash! Healthy, low carb, and so delicious!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup black beans
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- cilantro and salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400. Brush the spaghetti squash with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until tender and the strands come away easily. Use a fork to separate the strands but leave them in the spaghetti squash shells.
- To prepare the filling, heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and diced onion. Cook, breaking up the turkey, until onion is translucent and turkey is cooked through. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, just 30 seconds. Stir in red enchilada sauce and black beans. Spoon the mixture into the spaghetti squash shells and top each half with cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with cilantro and salsa if desired.
- (You will probably have extra turkey mixture so you can either do another squash or I really like the mixture on top of salads!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 807Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 1721mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 17gSugar: 23gProtein: 92g
So good and comforting ! Thank you and have a pleasant week !