This post written in partnership with Smithfield.
Let’s talk breakfast.
You know I do this every September.
I’m over cereal. I have 3 boys – do you know how much cereal we go through? And it’s kind of expensive.
So I am officially on the hunt for easy, quick breakfast. Did I mention they need to be easy? And quick?
Yeah, easy and quick.
We’re really digging this Smithfield Hickory Smoked Premium Quarter Boneless Sliced Ham for exactly that.
It’s part of Smithfield’s Anytime Favorites line of products and they are perfect for – you guessed it! – anytime. They are inspired by Smithfield’s legendary artisan ham and come in over 20 different cuts, including sliced, diced, cubed, chops, and steak!
So they are perfect for families like mine who want something quick, easy, but they still want it to be delicious.
Okay, so for this quick, easy, kid-friendly breakfast you’re gonna need that Smithfield Hickory Smoked Premium Quarter Boneless Sliced Ham. Plus, some English muffins, frozen hashbrowns, eggs, and cheese. That’s it. The green onions and avocado and all that is optional. You can skip it if you want.
So it’s all stuff that most people probably already keep on hand and it all comes together in way less than 30 minutes. I start the hashbrowns first and then by the time I’m done toasting the muffins and chopping the ham, the hashbrowns are crispy and ready to go. Then you just scramble the eggs with the ham and hashbrowns and spoon the mixture onto toasted English muffins.
Top them with the green onions or avocado or salsa if you want and breakfast is served!
Healthier than sugary cereal and will probably keep your kids (or you!) full for a lot longer.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cups refrigerated hashbrowns
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 slices Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Premium Quarter Boneless Sliced Ham, diced
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions, sliced avocado, salsa, for serving (optional)
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add hashbrowns in one layer and cook until browned, about 5 - 6 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned and crispy. Add eggs and ham and scramble until eggs are cooked.
- Spoon the mixture onto the toasted English muffins and top with cheddar cheese.
- Top as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.