We’re officially back from New Orleans and back to school and work and all that. Bleh, real life.
But we had the best time! My boys are already talking about going back next year and I’m so excited they love it (and New Orleans) as much as I do.
Naturally, everybody was sick when we got home. You ever done an 8 hour car ride with sick kids? I don’t recommend it. Normally I’m the one to come home with the plague but thankfully I somehow avoided it this time.
The best way to deal with a cold is cookies, right?
That’s how I always deal with them, at least.
I’m so into these cookies right now. They’re totally flourless so it’s basically just sugar and peanut butter baked together.
They absolutely melt in your mouth.
Also, super easy to make. My 7 year old can whip up the dough in about 5 minutes.
Sidenote: can we talk about how awesome it is when kids learn to read and can FOLLOW RECIPES?! Like, life-changing.
Make them. Share them.
Or don’t share them.
I’m not going to judge you. This last batch didn’t last 6 hours in my house.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for pressing the cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg white and salt in a large mixing bowl until frothy. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Taking a tablespoon at a time, roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Use a fork dipped the remaining sugar to gently press them down, creating a criss cross pattern.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g