Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Ranch Dressing – crockpot shredded pork cooked in a sweet and spicy sauce. Use it to make tacos or burrito bowls and top with easy and delicous homemade cilantro ranch dressing!
(This post originally published in 2014. Photos updated on February 18, 2017.)
Can we talk TV for a minute? I have to get this off my chest.
We finished Breaking Bad last week. I have heard so much about it over the past few years so I just knew we were going to love it. We kind of hated it. Well, we hated the first 3 seasons. It took us 3 months to get through them. I finally got really into it in the last episode of the 4th season. Like, really into it. Like, WE HAVE TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES RIGHT NOW into it. And then when we finally made it to the very last episode? That everyone said was perfect? That everyone said they cried over?
It was stupid. And I hated it. And I wish I’d never even started the show.
Ugh. It was like LOST Part 2 for me. Super frustrating ending where nothing was really wrapped up.
I’ve given up on TV. Except I’m currently marathoning The White Queen (again) because I’ve been sucked into The Cousins’ War book series by Phillippa Gregory (again).
How to Make Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Tacos
We really loved these Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Ranch Dressing!
The pork is slow cooked in a sweet and spicy mixture and was perfectly delicious on it’s own. So the pork goes into your slow cooker with Coca-Cola, brown sugar, green chiles, garlic, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. It
I usually double the pork recipe so that we can have tacos for dinner and then do taco salads or burrito bowls for lunch all week.
How to Make Cilantro Ranch Dressing
I tend to avoid recipes that call for ranch in places that ranch wouldn’t typically go. But this Cilantro Ranch Dressing appealed to me because the ranch is blended with green salsa and I am obsessed with green salsa. Plus cilantro and you guys know I’m also obsessed with cilantro.
The dressing also calls for mayo and sour cream to make is creamy and fresh lime juice, cumin, and garlic to add even more flavor!
You can make the dressing ahead of time and it should keep well in the fridge for up to a week. It’s delicious on these Sweet Pork Tacos but you can also use it as a dressing for salads or burrito bowls or even as a dip for tortilla chips.
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- Mu Shu Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Pulled Pork Nachos with Pineapple Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Braised Pork
- Slow Cooker Pork and Butternut Squash Stew
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the pork:
- 2 to 3 pound pork roast
- 3 cups Coke
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 4- ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 15- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
For the dressing:
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- corn tortillas
- shredded cheese
- Place pork in the slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, whisk together Coke, brown sugar, garlic, diced green chiles, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Pour over pork. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until the meat is easily shredded. Shred and place in a large bowl. Pour about 1/3 of a cup of the cooking liquid over the shredded pork and stir.
- To make the dressing, put all ingredients in a food processor and process until the cilantro is well chopped and distributed.
- Serve in tortillas with cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 885mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 29g