Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Ranch Dressing – crockpot shredded pork cooked in a sweet and spicy sauce. Use it to make tacos or burrito bowls and top with easy and delicious homemade cilantro ranch dressing!
(This post originally published in 2014. Photos updated on February 18, 2017.)
Can we talk TV for a minute? I have to get this off my chest.
We finished Breaking Bad last week. I have heard so much about it over the past few years so I just knew we were going to love it. We kind of hated it. Well, we hated the first 3 seasons. It took us 3 months to get through them. I finally got really into it in the last episode of the 4th season. Like, really into it. Like, WE HAVE TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES RIGHT NOW into it. And then when we finally made it to the very last episode? That everyone said was perfect? That everyone said they cried over?
It was stupid. And I hated it. And I wish I’d never even started the show.
Ugh. It was like LOST Part 2 for me. Super frustrating ending where nothing was really wrapped up.
I’ve given up on TV. Except I’m currently marathoning The White Queen (again) because I’ve been sucked into The Cousins’ War book series by Phillippa Gregory (again).
Keep scrolling for ingredient amounts!
- Pork roast
- Coca Cola
- Brown sugar
- Diced green chilies
- Tomato sauce
- Taco seasoning
- Salsa verde
- Ranch dressing mix
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- corn tortillas
- shredded cheese
- Slow cook pork. Place pork in the slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, whisk together Coke, brown sugar, garlic, diced green chiles, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Pour over pork. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until the meat is easily shredded.
- Shred pork. Shred and place in a large bowl. Pour about ⅓ of a cup of the cooking liquid over the shredded pork and stir.
- Make dressing. To make the dressing, put all ingredients in a food processor and process until the cilantro is well chopped and distributed.
- Serve. Serve in tortillas with cheese.
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- Mu Shu Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Pulled Pork Nachos with Pineapple Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Braised Pork
- Slow Cooker Pork and Butternut Squash Stew
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the pork:
- 2 to 3 pound pork roast
- 3 cups Coke
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 4- ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 15- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
For the dressing:
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup sugar
- corn tortillas
- shredded cheese
- Place pork in the slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, whisk together Coke, brown sugar, garlic, diced green chiles, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Pour over pork. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until the meat is easily shredded. Shred and place in a large bowl. Pour about ⅓ of a cup of the cooking liquid over the shredded pork and stir.
- To make the dressing, put all ingredients in a food processor and process until the cilantro is well chopped and distributed.
- Serve in tortillas with cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 885mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 29g