I’m obsessed with cauliflower again.
I’ve had it everyday for, like, a month straight.
I swear it’s amazing though! I do some riced cauliflower with some riced sweet potato with diced turkey bacon and a fried egg. And then just a tiny bit of maple syrup and a giant drizzle of sriracha on top. Sounds weird, but just trust me.
I’m also really enjoying cauliflower rice variations. I shared that Dirty Cauliflower Rice a few weeks back and have been trying out new ideas ever since.
For this Mexican Cauliflower Rice, I took the Mexican rice I usually make and just swapped out the rice for riced cauliflower (I buy it frozen – super easy!). Not only is it lower calorie than my usual Mexican rice but it also takes about half the time to cook. So. I’m into it.
Still can’t get my kids to eat it but that’s fine. More for me.
And yes, it is Paleo!
More Side Dish Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 3 cups riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onion and saute until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add green chiles and cauliflower rice. Cook, stirring frequently, until cauliflower has softened, about 5 minutes (longer if frozen). Stir in tomato, cumin, lime juice, and salt and pepper, and cilantro. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g