This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Greek Stuffed Peppers – peppers filled with rice, ground turkey, vegetables, tomatoes sauce, and topped with feta and pine nuts!
Heeeeey guys, are you loving summer?!
I, as I am every summer, am in love.
I know everyone is complaining about how hot it is but this is what I live for.
I have the top off the Jeep, I’ve been hiking several times a week, my tan is looking amazing.
Why can’t it be summer all the time?
Just kidding, I live in central Texas. It IS summer all the time.
Except that one month last year when the Jeep’s window zipper was broken. That month was cold.
What’s your go-to summer drink?
I grew up in south Alabama so I’m an iced tea girl. It used to just be sweet black tea but over the years I’ve switched to green tea and I am absolutely in love with this Honest® Tea Honey Green Tea that I picked up at Sam’s Club recently.
It’s sweet but not overly sweet and it’s definitely the perfect beach or pool drink because it’s super refreshing.
But seriously, this Honey Green Tea is everything.
One of my favorite things to make in the summer is stuffed peppers. Is there anything moresummery than stuffing fresh produce into more fresh produce? There’s also some protein andsome rice in there but give me all the fresh veggies!
So I picked up all the ingredients for these Greek Stuffed Peppers at Sam’s Club when I wasbuying my Honest® Tea.
I used Member’s Mark Ground Turkey and sauteed it with all the usual suspects, onion andgarlic, but I also added some zucchini and fresh grape tomatoes because I wanted these to befull of freshness and flavor. Then, of course, it has rice because what’s a stuffed pepper without rice? And then when the peppers were almost tender, I sprinkled each one with a little feta cheese and some pine nuts. The pine nuts got toasty and delicious and were the perfect crunch to go with the stuffing!
Sam’s Club and Coca-Cola currently have their 100 Ways toSummer Sweepstakes going on so make sure you check that out for a chance to win!
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off and ribs and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Member’s Mark Ground Turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 6 ounce can Member’s Mark Tomato Paste
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups water
- 1 ⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1 ⁄4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place peppers on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion; cook, breaking up
- the turkey, until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent. Add zucchini and tomato and
- cook until zucchini has softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper;
- cook just until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in rice, Member’s Mark Tomato Paste,
- and water; stir to combine. Bring to a bubble and let simmer until thickened. Spoon the mixture
- into the prepared peppers. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and
- sprinkle with feta and pine nuts; bake another 10 - 15 minutes, until peppers have softened.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1104Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 60gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 7gSugar: 14gProtein: 44g