This post sponsored by Beef Loving Texans.
Grilled Tequila Steak Pizza – steak marinated in tequila, lime juice, and chipotle peppers and grilled to perfection. Layered on a grilled flour tortilla with cheese and a delicious corn and tomato topping. Easy and quick enough for a weeknight dinner!
I’ve never really called myself a Texan. I mean, I just moved here 4 years ago, I don’t own boots, and I’m definitely not a Cowboys fan.
But a couple weeks ago I recognized someone’s truck because of the cowboy hat on the dash.
Pretty sure that was the moment I became a Texan.
And one thing I’ve learned over the last 4 years is that Texans love beef.
Beef Loving Texans is a community built around just about. It’s all about Texas pride, heritage, and the shared love of beef. All of which kind of go hand in hand here in Texas.
Did you know that Texas has the most producers/ranchers compared to any other state? It is the largest cattle producing state and supplies a whopping 30% of of the U.S.-fed beef.
Beef Loving Texans is your go to resource for all things beef. Recipes, cooking tips, nutritional information. They have information on the different cuts of meat which I have actually pulled up on my phone in the grocery store when I’m confused over some of the names.
They also have really great information on the history and culture of cattle in the state and in Texas heritage.
I’ve teamed up with Beef Loving Texans to bring a delicious Texas-inspired beef recipe to you because we want more people to gather around their table with their family and friends and enjoy really amazing beef.
How To Make Grilled Tequila Steak Pizza
This is such an easy recipe and all the ingredients are really simple. Aaaaand it gives you a reason to buy tequila!
It starts with a flat iron steak that gets marinated in tequila, fresh lime juice, and a chopped chipotle pepper in adobo. You only need to marinate the steaks for 15 minutes (or up to 2 hours) so you don’t even have to plan ahead.
While the steak is marinating, you can make the topping! It starts with corn which I roasted and then cut from the cob but you could make things even simpler by putting it on the grill. The corn gets mixed with fresh tomato, cilantro, and a tiny bit of the marinade that you put aside earlier.
The marinated steak gets grilled for about 15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your steak. Let the steak rest while you put flour tortillas on the grill. After one side gets nice and toasty, you flip it and put chihuahua cheese (or any Mexican mix of cheese) on top and let it melt.
Then you slice the steak and assemble the pizzas!
It’s so simple and could even be a great weeknight dinner option! The steak is slightly spicy because of the chipotle pepper and it’s perfect with the sweet corn. And you get just a hint of tequila. Everything just works so well together.
What is a Flat Iron Steak?
The flat iron steak comes from the shoulder area and it is super tender, well marbled, and has a really great beefy flavor.
It’s perfect for grilling because it stays really juicy. I like mine just a little pink but even well done, it’s tender, juicy, and delicious.
It’s also a pretty affordable option as far as steaks go so if you’re having a cookout and want to grill steaks for a crowd, the flat iron is a great option!
More Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Stuffed Peppers
- Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
- Grilled Ginger Pork Chops with Pineapple
- Tropical Pork Pineapple Kebabs
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 8 ounce beef flat iron steaks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 8 inch whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese or Mexican cheese blend
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tbsp minced chipotle pepper in adobo
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine corn, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and reserved 2 tablespoons marinade in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Place tortillas on grid. Grill, covered, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Turn tortillas over; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and cheese starts to melt.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and corn mixture. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1272Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 531mgCarbohydrates: 150gFiber: 25gSugar: 4gProtein: 76g