You guys, the weather.
It literally rained all day yesterday. While never making it out of the 50s.
What is this.
It reminds me of that time last summer when my husband was on 24-hour duty and somehow his humvee got swept away by a flash flood. He came home soaking wet at 1 am and I was all “HOW IS YOUR PHONE?!” and he just stared at me for awhile before saying, “That Private and I almost died!”
And then I said “No, but really, how’s your phone?”
Not because I don’t care but because… in what world does a HUMVEE get swept away in a FLASH FLOOD in COLORADO?
I didn’t full understand what happened until they had to go dig the vehicle out of the mud the next day and sent photos.
And yeah, we totally had to buy a new phone.
In honor of Colorado’s weather being stupid and ruining the last full week of summer for us, I made margaritas! Margaritas make everything better!
These guava margaritas are super delicious – they just taste like summer! My only complaint is that the guava nectar I used wasn’t bright pink, but hey, it still tastes like guava and that’s the important part!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the homemade margarita mix:
- ¼ cup sugar, or the equivalent in your favorite sweetener
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
For the margarita:
- ½ cup guava nectar
- ¾ cup silver tequila
- ⅓ cup orange liqueur
- Lime wedges, for serving
- salt, optional
- Heat water and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a pitcher with lime juice.
- Add guava nectar, tequila, and orange liqueur; stir well.
- To serve the drinks, run a slice of lime around the rim of 4 glasses and dip in salt. Fill the glasses with ice and divide the margaritas between them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g