This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars – soft and chewy sugar cookie bars filled with sprinkles and topped with buttercream frosting!
Hi guys! This is my 2nd recipe for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, a yearly event organized by Angie of Big Bear’s Wife. There are a bunch of brand new Halloween-themed treats being posted today and I’ve got them all listed down below.
Plus, we’ve got an amazing giveaway featuring all of our sponsor and you can find the information on that at the very bottom of this post.
So for my 2nd recipe, I made these super cute and delicious Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars. They are soft, chewy bars with a vanilla buttercream. Plus there are sprinkles inside the bars and on top because sprinkles make everything better.
And just to dogshame my jerk husky, she definitely ate the first round of these bars. She’s fine, don’t worry, but ugh, I had used such cute sprinkles!
Huskies are the worst. I was just telling someone a few weeks ago that she’s finally calmed down and stopped acting like an idiot all the time and she goes and eats a pan of butter and sugar.
How to Make Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
Sugar cookie bars are so much easier than making a bunch of sugar cookies. You start by making a very simple sugar cookie dough and when the dough is all combined, you add Halloween sprinkles (or whatever sprinkles you like!) to the dough.
Then, instead of making individual cookies, you spread the sugar cookie dough out into a 9×13-inch pan. That goes into the oven and bakes until the center is cooked and the edges are just starting to brown. Then it just has to cool completely before you can frost it.
The frosting is a basic buttercream made with butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. It gets whipped together until light and fluffy and then you can spread it on top of the sugar cookies bars. Then top with more of your sprinkles!
I used a couple of our #HalloweenTreatsWeek sponsors for these Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars.
Adams Extract Vanilla is my all-time favorite vanilla and for a recipe like this, where vanilla is truly the star, you want to use your favorite vanilla. Adams Vanilla has the best and strongest vanilla flavor and it doesn’t hurt that they are a Texas brand.
The super cute Halloween sprinkles I used are by Sweets & Treats. They have every holiday, every color, every kind of sprinkle mix you could possibly want. Plus a variety of cupcake liners, paper straws, and other cute bakery-ish things.
I used the Monster Mash sprinkle mix in these Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars. It’s the perfect mix of Halloween colors plus all the different shapes and sizes. I had used the Haunted House mix in the batch the husky ate, if you were wondering. Both mixes are so cute and are perfect for decorating bars, cupcakes, cakes, cookies, whatever.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Camp Crystal Lake Punch from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Hocus Pocus Cauldron Fondue from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Monster Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love and Confections
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Adams Best Vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Sweets & Treats Halloween sprinkles
For the Frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp Adams Best Vanilla
- ¼ cup Sweets & Treats Halloween sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to remove lumps. Add to the butter mixture and beat until just combined. Beat in sprinkles.
4. Spread dough into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top.
5. Bake until cooked through and starting to brown on the edges, about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
6. To make the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar, 1 tbsp milk, and vanilla together. Add the rest of the milk if necessary. Spread frosting over cooled bars. Top with sprinkles. Cut into 24 bars.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.