This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChewyChocolateChipCookies
Chewy Monster Cookies – soft and chewy peanut butter cookies filled with oats, chocolate chips, peanuts, raisins, and M&Ms!
Hi guys! I feel like October is the start of cookie season. Right?
We’re all thinking about the cookies we plan on making in the next few months. Scouring Pinterest at all hours of the night for the perfect recipes to include in our cookie tins. I hear some people are also organized enough to start freezing dough this time of year, but that is not me. I will be making all my holiday cookies days before the holiday.
Anyway. I’m sharing my favorite Chewy Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe today. They are extra chewy and filled with all sorts of delicious things. You’re going to love them!
How To Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
My favorite (and also the easiest!) way to get chewy chocolate chip cookies is to add Karo® Corn Syrup to the dough.
Yeah, the same Karo® Corn Syrup that makes your Thanksgiving pecan pie so gooey and delicious! Adding it to cookies creates the best, chewiest cookies. The cookies turn out extra chewy on the outside and still soft on the inside. Which is my faaaaaaavorite kind of cookie.
Karo® Corn Syrup is the leading corn syrup brand and has been around for over 100 years. Its quality has been trusted over multiple generations and it’s a staple in Southern cuisine, where it’s used in all sorts of baked goods and even drizzled over pancakes! There really are so many different ways you can use Karo® Corn Syrup.
If you want to try it out on your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, substitute ¾ cup Karo® Corn Syrup for every 1 cup of granulated sugar. So if the recipe calls for 1 cup of granulated sugar, use ¾ cup Karo® Corn Syrup. If it calls for 2 cups granulated sugar, use 1 ½ cups Karo® Corn Syrup. And so on and so on.
Don’t substitute for brown sugar. Keep the brown sugar in the recipe! The brown sugar will make sure the cookie stays soft as well as chewy. It’s going to be your new favorite way to make chocolate chip cookies!
Or, if you want even more recipes for using Karo® Corn Syrup, visit their site and see the cookie and bar recipe page!
How To Make Chewy Monster Cookies
Okay, so we talked about how to make chewy chocolate chip cookies, so to make these Chewy Monster Cookies, I took my usual Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe that I make all the time and substituted Karo® Corn Syrup for the granulated sugar.
That’s it! That little change – just substituting Karo® Corn Syrup for granulated sugar – took my Monster Cookies from crispy to chewy inside and out!
Besides that, the idea behind Chewy Monster Cookies is just to fill cookies with all your favorite things.
So for this recipe, it calls for oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, peanuts, raisins, and candy coated chocolate pieces. If you aren’t into raisins, leave them out. Add more chocolate chips instead of the raisins if you want! Or if you prefer pecans to peanuts, add those. It’s kind of whatever add ins you want.
Everything gets mixed together and the dough does need to chill for awhile, so be prepared to let it sit for about an hour in the fridge. Then you just roll the dough into balls and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until the cookies are just starting to turn golden brown.
The holidays are fast approaching, and whether you’re thinking about your famous pecan pie on the Thanksgiving table or chewy chocolate chip cookies to put in your cookie tins, make sure you pick up Karo® Corn Syrup for all your holiday baking needs!
And don’t forget to check out the Karo® Corn Syrup recipe page for even more ideas!
More Cookie Recipes
- Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Italian Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Krispie Cookies
- Oreo Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup Karo® Corn Syrup (light)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy coated chocolate candies
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup roasted, salted peanuts
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar, and Karo® Corn Syrup until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt to remove lumps. Add to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Quickly beat in chocolate chips, candy pieces, raisins, and peanuts.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into ball and flatten gently as you place on the baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, until the cookies just begin to turn golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g