This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Candy Corn Fudge – white chocolate fudge with mini candy corn and salted peanuts. The perfect sweet and salty treat for Halloween!
You guys, it’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek!
The lovely and incredibly talented Angie of Big Bear’s Wife organizes #HalloweenTreatsWeek every year and I am so excited to be participating. There are 40+ bloggers sharing delicious and fun Halloween treats this week and I’ve got the full list of everyone’s first recipe down below.
My first post for the week is Candy Corn Fudge and I’ve been dying to share it for weeks now.
Y’all know I love all things sweet and salty so I mixed candy corn with salted peanuts and put in in a white chocolate fudge. I love everything about it. The saltiness of the peanuts keep it from being too rich and sweet and I just love when you slice into it and can see a full piece of candy corn. It’s just so pretty.
If you love candy corn but want something besides fudge, I have Caramel Corn Treats that are also a great sweet and salty treat.
How To Make Candy Corn Fudge
Okay, the bad news is that you do need a candy thermometer. But I promise that Candy Corn Fudge is really easy to make.
I started with my favorite granulated sugar by Dixie Crystals, butter, and sour cream. That mixture gets brought to a boil until it gets to 234F which is the soft ball stage of candy making. You want to make sure to remove it from the heat as soon as it hits it or it will start to turn into hard candy.
Once it hits soft ball stage, stir in chopped white chocolate and marshmallow cream. When the white chocolate and marshmallow cream is fully melted, stir in salted peanuts and mini candy corn. Work quickly because you don’t want the candy corn to start melting and leave orange and yellow streaks through your fudge.
The mixture gets poured into a pan lined with aluminum foil (so you can remove the entire thing before cutting) and then it just has to set up for at least 4 hours before you can slice and serve it.
How To Store Candy Corn Fudge
Homemade fudge will keep up to 2 weeks at room temperature (as long as it’s not too warm) in an airtight container. Fudge can stay good for up to a month if stored in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Candy Corn Fudge?
Yes! You can freeze candy corn fudge! Store it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Just thaw in the fridge overnight when ready to serve.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Mash Chex Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Chocolate Zombie Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Haunted Halloween Dessert Tray from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cake from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup mini candy corn
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large pot, heat butter, sugar, and sour cream over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until a candy thermometer reads 234F (soft ball stage), about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped white chocolate and marshmallow cream. Stir until everything is melted and combined. It will be thick and take awhile. Fold in candy corn and chopped peanuts.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and rotate pan so the fudge reaches the corners. Chill at least 4 hours before cutting into 36 pieces.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.