Lemon-Lime Pound Cake – moist citrus pound cake with a lemon-lime glaze and candied lemon slices. The perfect spring cake!
Things that happened this week.
- Fat baby (who isn’t a baby) took all the post-its off recipes I want to make in several cookbooks and put them on recipes that he wants me to make.
- Husband made me mad and came home with bacon guacamole as an apology. Because you can buy my love with bacon guacamole.
- I became addicted to Pretty Little Liars podcasts. (Extra weird because I was kind of over the show.)
- Fake Ginger hit 10,000 Facebook likes! Woooo!
- HEB suckered me into buying Home because they had coupons for $5 off the movie and then you got Swedish Fish and popcorn free. You know I love Swedish Fish. Anyway, I cried multiple times during the movie. Because Disney movies have that effect on me.
- I bought a new bundt pan! Hooray!
Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
I broke my new bundt pan in with this Lemon-Lime Pound Cake!
Yeah, it’s like that 7Up Pound Cake that your mom or your grandma probably made and it’s fabulous.
I think pound cakes are my ultimate favorite cake. That or angel food cake. I just love a plain cake. They make the perfect base for fruit or whipped cream or like this one, lemon-lime glaze and candied lemons.
More Lemon Cake Recipes
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Raspberry Curd – this is my birthday cake every year! Layers of lemon poppy seed cake with raspberry curd in the middle and a lemon buttercream.
Arnold Palmer Cake – the classic sweet tea and lemonade drink made into a cake.
Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake – somewhere between a pudding and a cake!
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- 1 1/2 cups 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup lemon-lime soft drink like 7Up
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray and flour a bundt pan.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
Add butter to flour mixture, alternating with the lemon-lime soft drink, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until just combined.
Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake 60 - 56 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes if it looks like it's browning too much.
Cool in bundt pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely before glazing.
Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lime juice until no lumps remain. Pour over cooled bundt cake.
Slice the lemons thinly and discard seeds.
Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemons and reduce to a simmer. Simmmer for 45 minutes or until rinds are very soft and the lemons are translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and let dry on a wire rack. Top glazed cake once cooled.