Lemon-Lime Pound Cake – moist citrus pound cake with a lemon-lime glaze and candied lemon slices. The perfect spring cake!
Things that happened this week.
- Fat baby (who isn’t a baby) took all the post-its off recipes I want to make in several cookbooks and put them on recipes that he wants me to make.
- Husband made me mad and came home with bacon guacamole as an apology. Because you can buy my love with bacon guacamole.
- I became addicted to Pretty Little Liars podcasts. (Extra weird because I was kind of over the show.)
- Fake Ginger hit 10,000 Facebook likes! Woooo!
- HEB suckered me into buying Home because they had coupons for $5 off the movie and then you got Swedish Fish and popcorn free. You know I love Swedish Fish. Anyway, I cried multiple times during the movie. Because Disney movies have that effect on me.
- I bought a new bundt pan! Hooray!
Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
I broke my new bundt pan in with this Lemon-Lime Pound Cake!
Yeah, it’s like that 7Up Pound Cake that your mom or your grandma probably made and it’s fabulous.
I think pound cakes are my ultimate favorite cake. That or angel food cake. I just love a plain cake. They make the perfect base for fruit or whipped cream or like this one, lemon-lime glaze and candied lemons.
More Lemon Cake Recipes
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Raspberry Curd – this is my birthday cake every year! Layers of lemon poppy seed cake with raspberry curd in the middle and a lemon buttercream.
Arnold Palmer Cake – the classic sweet tea and lemonade drink made into a cake.
Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake – somewhere between a pudding and a cake!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
from Southern Living
- 1 ½ cups 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup lemon-lime soft drink, like 7Up
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For the candied lemons:
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray and flour a bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add butter to flour mixture, alternating with the lemon-lime soft drink, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake 60 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes if it looks like it's browning too much.
- Cool in bundt pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lime juice until no lumps remain. Pour over cooled bundt cake.
To make the candied lemons:
- Slice the lemons thinly and discard seeds.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemons and reduce to a simmer. Simmmer for 45 minutes or until rinds are very soft and the lemons are translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and let dry on a wire rack. Top glazed cake once cooled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 779Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 136gFiber: 2gSugar: 109gProtein: 7g
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
Congrats on 10,000 Facebook likes and the new bundt pan! This pound cake is GORGEOUS!
Amy @Very Culinary says
Perfect way to break in a new pan. That icing! *cries* And hey, super congrats on the FB 10k! Holla!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Oh my gosh. That baby looks so dense and wonderful.
nicole @ i am a honey bee says
I’ve stopped drinking soda, but I’m not opposed to eating it…
I want to take a massive slice to the face. And dunk my head in the glaze. I need some pound cake in my life.
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
I don’t make pound cake nearly enough! Yours looks perfect!
Thank you!! :)
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
So fun! Love the decoration with the glaze and the lemons :)
Thanks! The glaze is always my favorite part! :)