Lemon-Lime Pound Cake – moist citrus pound cake with a lemon-lime glaze and candied lemon slices. The perfect spring cake!
Things that happened this week.
- Fat baby (who isn’t a baby) took all the post-its off recipes I want to make in several cookbooks and put them on recipes that he wants me to make.
- Husband made me mad and came home with bacon guacamole as an apology. Because you can buy my love with bacon guacamole.
- I became addicted to Pretty Little Liars podcasts. (Extra weird because I was kind of over the show.)
- Fake Ginger hit 10,000 Facebook likes! Woooo!
- HEB suckered me into buying Home because they had coupons for $5 off the movie and then you got Swedish Fish and popcorn free. You know I love Swedish Fish. Anyway, I cried multiple times during the movie. Because Disney movies have that effect on me.
- I bought a new bundt pan! Hooray!
Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
I broke my new bundt pan in with this Lemon-Lime Pound Cake!
Yeah, it’s like that 7Up Pound Cake that your mom or your grandma probably made and it’s fabulous.
I think pound cakes are my ultimate favorite cake. That or angel food cake. I just love a plain cake. They make the perfect base for fruit or whipped cream or like this one, lemon-lime glaze and candied lemons.
More Lemon Cake Recipes
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Raspberry Curd – this is my birthday cake every year! Layers of lemon poppy seed cake with raspberry curd in the middle and a lemon buttercream.
Arnold Palmer Cake – the classic sweet tea and lemonade drink made into a cake.
Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake – somewhere between a pudding and a cake!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cups 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup lemon-lime soft drink, like 7Up
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For the candied lemons:
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray and flour a bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add butter to flour mixture, alternating with the lemon-lime soft drink, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake 60 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes if it looks like it's browning too much.
- Cool in bundt pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lime juice until no lumps remain. Pour over cooled bundt cake.
To make the candied lemons:
- Slice the lemons thinly and discard seeds.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemons and reduce to a simmer. Simmmer for 45 minutes or until rinds are very soft and the lemons are translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and let dry on a wire rack. Top glazed cake once cooled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 779Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 136gFiber: 2gSugar: 109gProtein: 7g