I cooked with flank steak for the first time a couple months ago and since then I have become obsessed with it. It’s easy, delicious, and so versatile!
I suppose this Orange Beef and Broccoli is a take-off of Chinese food but this is so much tastier than any orange dish I’ve had from a Chinese place. The sauce is exploding with orange flavor without the goopyness that take-out orange sauce has. It coats the beef and broccoli perfectly!
This had been on my “Make When the Husband Leaves” list but I am officially transferring it to the “Make When the Husband Comes Home” list! I absolutely adored it and had no problem eating it for lunch 3 days in a row.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound flank steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, orange marmalade, rice wine vinegar, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and cornstarch until the cornstarch has dissolved. Set aside.
- Boil or steam the broccoli for just a few minutes, until tender crisp.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the flank steak and stir-fry it until the pieces of nice and browned.
- Give the sauce one more stir and add it to the pan with the steak; stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli. Serve over rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 592mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 35g