I hope you had a fantastic weekend! Mine was spent mostly complaining about how I stayed up until midnight (I do anyway, let’s be real) on Saturday to get some #LillyforTarget stuffs and BEFORE IT WAS EVEN OFFICIALLY LIVE, it was all sold out.
Y’all. I had the dress I wanted in my cart and by the time I entered my card info, it was gone.
I got very little unpacking done because I was also busy watching all the shows I missed while hotel living. I am so into Younger. So good.
Also, unpacking is annoying.
You know how when you pack your own house, you fill a single box with all your blankets? And then you put all your dishes in a box and label it “kitchen”? And all your bathroom stuff goes in one box?
I think when we weren’t looking, our movers sprinted through the house, grabbing an item from each room, and then pulled a room out of a hat to label it.
I found my bathroom scale in a box labeled toys, my favorite boots in a box labeled dog pillows (I mean, what is a dog pillow?!), and I still can’t find the part of my favorite lamp that holds the lampshade.
Why did they take apart a lamp and put all the pieces in different boxes, you ask?
Anyway, we did have this pasta over the weekend and it was absolutely delicious. It’s got three of my favorite foods: sausage, artichokes, and Parmesan! Plus pasta and sun-dried tomatoes and even some fresh basil mixed in.
This is my idea of a good summer pasta since it’s light but still comforting.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¾ cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, plus 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 pound Italian hot sausages, casings removed
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 16 ounces small pasta
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan, plus additional for garnish
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil reserved from the tomatoes in a heavy pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausages and cook until no pink remains, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain sausage and transfer it to a bowl; set aside.
- Add the artichokes and garlic to the same pan, and cook over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil and allow cook until it thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta (do not rinse). Add the pasta, sausage, ½ cup Parmesan, basil, and parsley to the artichoke mixture. Toss until the sauce is almost absorbed by the pasta. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve with more Parmesan on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g