Banana Pudding Poke Cake – delicious cake that starts with a boxed mix and is filled with banana pudding! Tastes like an old-fashioned layered banana pudding!
I love a poke cake. I mean, they are just the softest, moistest cakes you can imagine and you can make pretty much any flavor you want.
This Banana Pudding Poke Cake is my alltime favorite poke cake with my Snickers Poke Cake coming in a very close second.
This cake starts with a cake mix and gets filled with an instant pudding mix so it’s super easy! And it tastes just like a classic layered banana pudding without all the work!
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Yellow cake mix
- Banana cream pie pudding mix
- Frozen whipped topping – defrosted in the refrigerator
- Vanilla wafer cookies – roughly chopped
How To Make Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions in a 9×13-inch pan
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the cake
- Prepare pudding mix according to package instructions and cool slightly
- Pour pudding over the cake
- Refrigerate until cool
- Top with whipped topping and chopped vanilla wafers
How Long Is Banana Pudding Poke Cake Good For?
Banana Pudding Poke Cake will be good in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to cover it tightly to prevent air from getting in. I always bake the cake in this 9×13-inch pan that comes with an airtight lid!
And if you want crispy cookies on top, wait until you’re ready to serve to add them.
More Poke Cake Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus all ingredients to prepare
- 1 3 ounce banana cream pie pudding mix, plus all ingredients to prepare
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20 vanilla wafer cookies, coarsely chopped
- Prepare cake mix and bake as a 9x13" cake, following the instructions on the box. Cool for about 10 minutes. Take a fork and poke holes all over the cake.
- Prepare pudding mix according to the package instructions. Let cool slightly if you had to boil it. Pour over the cake.
- Refrigerate until cool. Spread the frozen whipped topping over the top and sprinkle with the cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g