Rich and delicious Frozen Hot Chocolate is a chocolate milkshake made from hot chocolate mix and topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Love hot chocolate? Try Hot Cocoa Dip!
Frozen hot chocolate has always confused me. I thought it was just a chocolate milkshake with a fancy name and I couldn’t figure out why everyone went crazy over them. So when Nicole and I decided on a chocolate theme for this week, I knew I had to make one.
What Is Frozen Hot Chocolate
Frozen Hot Chocolate is so not just a chocolate milkshake! I used a salted caramel hot chocolate mix and it tasted just like a salted caramel hot chocolate… but frozen. Amazing how that works, right? I was so excited with how it turned out and it really couldn’t be easier. If you have hot chocolate mix and some milk, you can make this.
Nicole made a hot chocolate mix which would be perfect for this! Just use 1.25 ounces of the mix in place of the packaged one!
- Milk – you can use dairy, nondairy, whatever milk you usually use!
- Hot chocolate mix – I used a classic milk chocolate hot chocolate mix for this recipe but you can use a fun flavored hot chocolate mix if you prefer.
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Put ½ cup milk, hot chocolate mix, and ice in a blender
- Blend until pretty smooth, adding more milk as needed
- Pour into a glass. Top with whipped cream and use a microplane to shake some chocolate on top
- Serve immediately
What Hot Chocolate Mix Do I Use?
Whatever you want! Regular hot chocolate, white hot chocolate, I used a salted caramel hot chocolate mix. Use whatever you like! It would be really refreshing with a mint chocolate hot chocolate mix!
Can It Be Made Ahead?
Frozen hot chocolate is best enjoyed right after making it but if you need to store leftovers, freeze it in an airtight container and then give it a good blend when you’re ready to eat it.
More Frozen Chocolate Treats
- Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream
- Reese’s Pieces Milkshake
- Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake
- S’mores Frozen Hot Chocolate
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ - ¾ cup milk
- 1 packet hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup ice
- whipped cream
- chocolate, for shaving on top
- Put ½ milk, hot chocolate mix, and ice in a blender. Blend until pretty smooth, adding more milk as needed. Pour into a glass. Top with whipped cream and use a microplane to shave some chocolate on top. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 6g